Everyone loves a holiday party, but what’s a festive bash without homemade craft cocktails? A well-chosen drink list not only adds a fun vibe, but it also encourages guests to loosen up and enjoy themselves. If you’re looking for some fun and festive drinks to brighten up your next gathering, check out these holiday cocktail ideas, pull out the bar cart, and get started.
Peppermint White Russian
This festive drink is reminiscent of a boozy peppermint white mocha. Whether you’re throwing a holiday bash, or gathering with a close group of friends for a round of Secret Santa, this creamy concoction is sure to provide you with a heavy dose of cheer.
Yields 4 servings
- 2 oz Kahlua
- 2 oz peppermint schnapps
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz milk or cream
- Whipped cream (to garnish)
- Crushed peppermints (to garnish)
- Combine the Kahlua, peppermint schnapps, vodka, and milk in a large pitcher. Chill for one hour.
- Pour the drinks into serving glasses. Add whipped cream and crushed peppermints to garnish.
For one of our favorite holiday cocktail ideas, don’t miss Jingle Juice. Everyone loves the tropical flavors of a rum punch, and now you can enjoy them even during the most wintry of months. The combination of juices makes this drink a real knockout—and the spiced rum adds the perfect hint of warmth for the holiday season. For an extra treat, freeze a few cranberries with some water in an ice tray.
Yield—One large bowl of punch
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 handle of Spiced Rum, or 3 ¾ cups
- 2 ¼ cups of Grand Marnier
- 1 ½ cups Amaretto
- 3 cups sparkling water
- Sliced and frozen fruit (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Add all of the liquid ingredients to a large punch bowl. Using a large wooden spoon, stir to incorporate. Add the fresh frozen fruit and ice cubes to the punch bowl.
A lot of people tend to categorize sangria as a summer beverage, but with the proper ingredients, you can turn this classic drink into a wintry cocktail. Cranberries add a festive touch, and are likely available during the holiday season. For an added bonus, roll a few cranberries in sugar and store them in mason jars as adorable table decorations!
- 1 bottle of red wine (A pinot noir or zinfandel are your best bets!)
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- ½ orange juice
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ pomegranate seeds
- 2 medium apples, diced
- Fresh orange slices to garnish (optional)
- To a pitcher, add the cranberries, pomegranate seeds, and apples. Pour in the wine, juices, and triple sec. Chill for one hour. Garnish with fresh orange slices.
Grab your friends, a handle of something festive, and party all night long with these holiday cocktail ideas. Oh, and don’t forget the mistletoe!