A holiday party is a fabulous way bring the group together and get everyone in the spirit of giving. The hard part? Planning! Holiday parties require a great deal of care, and you’ll need to do everything from decorating to perfecting your gathering’s menu. To save time and relieve some stress, go for easy-to-make holiday party appetizers. Bite-sized snacks are perfect for the laid back environment of a party, and require little to no time to prepare.
Honey Roasted Holiday Nuts
These little morsels provide the perfect combination of salty and sweet, and are easy to enjoy throughout the entire party. Get creative with your favorite nuts—we love the combination of peanuts, almonds, and macadamia nuts. If you’re entertaining a large group, these roasted nuts are gluten-free and vegetarian for holiday party appetizers that can be enjoyed by everyone.
- 1 cup of your favorite nut combination
- ⅓ cup of white sugar
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the butter, honey, and salt in a large saucepan, and place over medium heat. Stir until the butter just begins to bubble.
- Add the nuts and stir to coat. Pour the nut and butter mixture into a 9×13 baking dish, arranging so that the nuts lay in an even layer. Place the pan into the oven, checking every 5 minutes or so to stir (this will prevent burning). Cook for 20 minutes total, or until the nuts are golden brown.
- Combine the sugar, chili powder, garlic, and salt. Remove the nuts from the oven, and slowly add the sugar mixture, mixing thoroughly to incorporate.
- Allow to cool, stirring every so often to prevent sticking. Serve and enjoy with your favorite holiday drink.
Goat Cheese, Grape, and Honey Toasts
These elegant little snacks provide complex and sophisticated flavor. The creamy texture of the cheese pairs nicely with crunchy baguette, and the grape adds a hint of freshness. Impress your guests, and save yourself a lot of time and hassle!
- 3 cups grapes, washed and halved
- 6-8 oz. of goat cheese
- 1 large baguette
- olive oil to taste
- honey to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Add the grapes and olive oil to a bowl and stir to incorporate. Arrange the grapes on a sheet tray, and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the grapes are cooking, slice the baguette into 1 to 2-inch slices. Arrange the slices on a separate sheet tray. Using a pastry brush, paint each slice with a bit of olive oil.
- Remove the grapes from the oven and lower the heat to 350 degrees. Place the baguette slices into the oven and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove the baguette slice from the oven. Allow to cool for a minute or two, and spread about one tablespoon of cheese onto each slice. Top a drizzle of honey and a few grapes. Serve and enjoy!
Other appetizer ideas:
If you’re short on time, a cheese board helps to provide guests with a delicious and elegant treat. When building a cheeseboard, always add a combination of soft cheeses, like brie, and hard cheeses, like gouda, to provide flavor and diversity. Also consider adding dried fruits, like apricots or cranberries, and a handful of your favorite types of crackers.
Olives are great because they come in so many different flavors. Many large or gourmet grocery stores even offer “olive bars,” allowing you to mix and match your favorite flavors. For even more of a Mediterranean flair, add a few pita points and some fresh hummus!
Regardless of your holiday celebration, snacks are absolutely essential. Ensure your guests have a fabulous time with some of these easy and simple holiday party appetizers.