Appetizers are the best way to get the party started. Whether you’re throwing a dinner party, enjoying a football game with friends, or celebrating with a cocktail hour, having the right appetizers are essential.
If you’re planning a menu for vegetarian guests, there are several delicious vegetable-based options to consider. This list of easy and delicious appetizers are great for any occasion, and will have both meat-eaters and vegetarians begging for more.
For a Dinner Party
Dinner parties are known for being sophisticated, so you’ll want some easy and delicious appetizers to match this vibe. Ideas include:
- Stuffed Mushrooms: Rich and elegant, stuffed mushrooms are a wonderful vegetarian option for any dinner party. This appetizer also allows for great versatility, and you can customize the mushrooms to your own personal preference. For a fall-inspired mushroom, try using a cranberry and sage stuffing. Other great combinations include bleu cheese and caramelized onions, or artichokes, parmesan, and cream cheese.
- Bruschetta: An Italian classic, bruschetta is both easy and impressive. Simply slice a baguette, toast the pieces, and add your favorite toppings. Our favorites consist of olive oil and roasted tomatoes, brie and honey, or avocado and sea salt.
If you’re serving vegetarians for gameday, you’ll want something a little more casual to munch on. Finger foods are easy and delicious appetizers that guests can consume without having to sit down at the table. Ideas include:
- Vegetarian Potstickers: Fluffy and savory potstickers make an excellent gameday snack, and often most people won’t even know they’re vegetarian. Potstickers can be made from scratch, but if you’re looking for something simple, lots of great brands can be purchased from a local grocery store. Serve with Asian dipping sauce, and enjoy.
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip: Who doesn’t love this creamy appetizer? Spinach and artichoke dip can easily be made in a slowcooker, allowing you to go about your party without having to spend all day in the kitchen. If desired, you can also purchase pre-made spinach dip, and simply heat for guests to enjoy. Serve with pita, tortilla chips, or crusty bread slices.
For a Cocktail Party
When it comes to a trendy affair like a cocktail party, focus on taste and simplicity. Since appetizers might be the only food you’re serving, you’ll want to select items that taste good and satisfy your guests. Ideas include:
- Vegetable and Cheese Pastry Tarts: Veggie tarts are an easy and delicious appetizer that can be eaten and prepared without too much work. Frozen puff pastry can be purchased at most grocery stores, and then topped and baked with your favorite cheeses and vegetables. We recommend trying goat cheese and roasted tomato, or asparagus and gruyere for an easy and delicious appetizer guaranteed to impress.
Roasted Piquillo Peppers with Goat Cheese: Piquillo peppers yield a spicy-sweet flavor, and can be purchased pre-roasted and jarred at most grocery stores. Mix some goat cheese with chopped chives, and use a spoon to gently stuff each pepper. The peppers look and taste great, and take almost no time at all!