Hello and thank you so much for stopping by! I’m Kristi and I created Currently Crushing as a way to share my favorite fabulous fashion finds, as well as inspirations in women’s beauty, food and fun. From stunning style tips to irresistible travel finds, you’ll find it all right here. I live in LA and have a busy life that I love which includes an amazingly sweet boyfriend (my behind-the-lens wizard) plus a big German Shepherd puppy and a dream home that we’re currently in the process of remodeling.
In the two years that I’ve been blogging I know I’ve given you a peek into my world and what my life is like but I thought it would be a good idea to formally share 25 things that you may not know about me!
1. I consider myself a foodie even though I’m a picky eater (I don’t like fish, chicken or mushrooms).
2. I was a runner from middle school through college and ran the Honolulu Marathon with my dad when I was younger.
3. I love to travel – The Greek islands (I’ve been to 8 of them so far) and Nice are my favorite places in the world.
4. I have a small but close-knit family and talk to my parents on the phone almost every day.
5. I have one older brother who is the nicest person I have ever met. There’s a big age difference so I felt a little like an only child growing up.
6. I married and was widowed young.
7. I love cities and dream of having an apartment in NYC and being bicoastal one day.
8. I’m definitely a morning person. I always wake up in a happy mood and look forward to starting my day.
9. I love parties and will never turn one down. I suffer from a little bit of #FOMO (fear of missing out).
10. I’ve loved baking my entire life, starting with my first ‘Easy Bake Oven’ and receive regular requests from family and friends for my homemade Oreos and
peanut butter blossoms.
11. I’m addicted to old sitcoms and work my way through entire series on Netflix – right now I’m watching back-to-back Cheers and Frasier.
12. I love all types of music and my favorite Sirius channel is 70’s on 7.
13. Thrift shopping and estate sales are my number one sources of vintage finds.
14. LA has been my home for more than 10 years now but I’m a San Francisco native. I love where and how I grew up, I’m incredibly thankful that I was
exposed to so many free thinking artistic people.
15. I can’t watch the news or scary movies before bed.
16. I have no tattoos or piercings other than 1 set of earring holes. If I were to get a tattoo it would be a tiny black cat.
17. With that being said, I love big dogs. I have a two-year old German Shepherd that I’ve had since she was 7 weeks old. I wish I had a Bernese Mountain Dog.
18. I like big things: big dogs, big cars, large furniture, high ceilings, chunky jewelry, big diamonds, big laughs and people who dream big.
19. In the shoes vs. bags debate, I’m definitely more of a shoe person but my investment items are usually bags.
20. I spend less money on my hair than any other woman I know. I don’t color my hair and rarely spend more than $20 on a trim. I try lots of different
products but most of them are drugstore brands.
21. I could live on potato products: reduced fat Ruffles are my weakness followed by French fries, tater tots, hash browns, mashed potatoes, scalloped
potatoes and baked potatoes with sour cream and scallions.
22. I’m a Virgo and have always followed my horoscope and take fortune cookies seriously.
23. My favorite weeknight dinner is a cheese and charcuterie plate with olives.
24. I wear a lot of dresses but I’m really a tomboy at heart and love menswear.
25. A few years ago I read the question “What would you try if you knew you couldn’t fail?” – that simple question changed my life.
Please follow along and feel free to comment or email me at: email@example.com